Five Essential Ingredients of a Successful Website
What makes a great website? It depends on who you ask. But, one thing is for certain, all successful websites contain the following elements:
1. Solid Structure – A good site structure guides and invites your user to discover content. Ambiguous navigation options frustrate and discourage users. Make sure that any information your users came for can be found in three clicks or less.
2. Great Content – The content you add to your website should achieve two primary functions; to inform your audience and/or elicit further discussion. Content is what makes a website and what makes some better than others. Without content you have nothing.
3. Intuitive Design – Good design is both beautiful and functional. We tend to gravitate to what we find attractive. The same concept applies to websites. Your website is your window to the world. There are a lot of windows out there so make sure yours is the best it can be at all times.
4. Good Optimization – We all know that 90% of success is showing up. Given this, if your website does not show up on search engine results then you are missing out on your success. Don’t just add content to your site, be sure the content you add is meaningful and you are integrating your key phrases in all the right places.
5. Constant Maintenance - Just like any good relationship, websites need constant attention, time and dedication. Nobody likes a stale out-of-date website. Plan to allocate adequate time to continue to improve and further develop your online presence.
Your site is the hub of your online strategy. Continue to evolve your online presence and learn how to adapt to the constant evolving nature of the Web.